Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Amelia's New Word


So, I was in the kitchen yesterday, making cookies. Amelia, being the busy bee, was in and out and all over the place. She was getting upset at me for not paying strict attention to her. In order to make up for my guilt and her disappointment, I decided to give her a cookie. Now, Amelia doesn't usually get much in the way of sugar when I am around. I wasn't sure if she'd even like the cookie, since it had pumpkin in it. I tore off a piece and handed it to her while saying "cookie," you know, trying to teach her the word for anything I can. She shoved it in her mouth, chewed, smiled, looked up at me and said very clearly, "COOKIE!" I just about died. I try all the time to teach her new words and she usually gives me very smug looks, like she is too good for words. But this time she kept right on saying cookie until I gave her more. Too funny. Jono was at work when all of this happened, so I told him about it when he got home. Of course, Amelia refused to say cookie for her dad. Then this morning, she was in the kitchen wanting something to eat, and she looked at the fridge and said "cookie?" Oh dear. I think I have passed on my addiction to cookies.

1 comment:

heidi_eatschuno said...

Smart kid, your pumpkin cookies are yummy