Thursday, April 2, 2009

8 months and then some!

Okay, I am totally slacking when it comes to blogging! I thought posting once a month would be no big deal, but I am struggling to keep up with my original goal. So, in an attempt to keep up, here it goes.
Amelia is now 8 and a half months old! We can't believe how quickly the time is passing. At this rate, she'll be graduating from college next week! Amelia is as busy as ever and she loves our attention. She rolls everywhere, sits, scoots, and is trying to crawl and pull herself to a stand. She doesn't seem very motivated to crawl since she is already pretty mobile, but I bet she'll figure it out soon. We haven't really pushed it, and being her father's child, she does things on her own timetable. She is very observant and loves to meet new people and go new places. Amelia also enjoys eating "big girl" food and even gets little nibbles of table food now and then. She loves to drink water from her sippy-cup, but refuses to drink anything else from it. Getting her to take a bottle these days is almost impossible as she would much rather be involved in playing and exploring. Also due to her excited spirit, Amelia has determined that naps are for the birds and we have a tough time getting her to sleep, day or night.
Her smile is adorable, especially with her two bottom teeth to show off. She has a contagious laugh and sparkling personality. We love our little girl!
As for Jon and I, we're just trying to keep up with life. I am working full time and Jono is substituting and doing inventory when he can. We are excited for spring to come so we can put in our yard and plant a garden.

1 comment:

monica said...

I have such a cute, sweet great-niece. Thanks for sharing updates and pictures.