Oh what a morning! I woke up early to drink the requested 32 oz. of water at least one hour prior to ultrasound. Catch, no peeing from the time you start drinking until after everything is done. Well, getting the water down was no problem. No voiding at 7am, difficult!
I packed Amelia in the car and headed to the sitter, not paying much attention to several inches of freshly fallen snow. Snow is a very common occurrence here, no big deal. I don't mind driving in it, in fact I usually enjoy it! So, got to the sitter, dropped Amelia off, skipped out the door and attempted to back out of my chosen parking place. Stuck! I can't be stuck! I have to be somewhere 30 minutes away in 35 minutes! I attempted pulling forward, backing up, digging snow from around the car. Stuck. I called my husband, hoping he wasn't far and could rescue me. No answer. Ok. I can do this! I managed to make a little progress, well very little. I finally went inside to get some help. The sitter, also pregnant, and I worked for another 20 minutes to get the car un-stuck, pushing, cat litter, shoveling, digging, rocking, crying, swearing (sorry!). Thanks to her help, I was on my way, now 10 minutes before my appointment and with at least 30 minutes until I would arrive. Again, I called Jono, this time to see if he could meet me there instead of our original plan (I was supposed to pick him up at the school on my way). He said, well I could, but I locked the keys in the car. At this point I am driving extremely slow, behind several slow moving vehicles. I lost it (if I hadn't already!). So, I am bawling and trying to drive in less than optimal conditions. What a start!
Turns out we were 30 minutes late, but the imaging clinic was very accomodating and worked us in. We had our ultrasound, which by then seemed to have lost all of its excitement. Everything looked good. Measuring right on. And, it's a boy! We're thrilled, nervous, a whole range of emotions.
Swaim Park-August 2015
10 years ago
5 comments:
So excited for you guys! Your little boy is going to be so cute!
How did I NOT Know you had a blog! Kami! I am so excited to keep up with you! And congrats on the boy- thats so wonderful!
I'm surprised all that water stayed in you in the midst of the craziness :) And you're swearing when you're AWAKE now? Come on Kam, I thought that was just for when you were asleep.... ;)
Talk about luck! You guys never have the best of luck with cars! (i.e. the grill experience) We are super excited about the little boy! We are planning a trip sometime in March and would love to come visit!!
I didn't know the story. Thanks for sharing. We are so excited to meet that little guy, especially Ridge.
Post a Comment